Tickets can be purchased for the Colosseum online or at the ticket office. We provide you with all the information you need to purchase tickets for your visit to the Colosseum, providing all the details to skip the line or take a guided tour.
- Full ticket €12
- Reduced ticket €7.50 (18-25 years)
- Free for children and teenagers up to the age of eighteen, journalists, ICOM members, staff of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage, professors and university students at the Faculty of Art History, Academy of Fine Arts, Archeology and Architecture, persons with disabilities and their carers.
Buy Tickets for the Colosseum Online
- Tickets are valid for 2 consecutive days for entrance to the Colosseum and the Roman Forum/Palatine Hill.
- Tickets are valid until 31 December of the year of issue.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult
- For security reasons, the maximum capacity is 3,000 people, for this reason, there will be queues and delays, even for visitors with pre-purchased tickets
- Bulky backpacks and bags, suitcases and trolleys are not allowed in the Colosseum.
- You can bring small/medium-sized backpacks and bags, which must be subjected to security checks at the metal detectors
- Visitors and their baggage must undergo security checks
A visit to the Colosseum is one of the main attractions in Rome, which is why it’s easy to find yourself in long lines, especially in the middle of the day. Even if you go early in the morning or late in the afternoon, you risk staying in line for a long time (the wait is on average 45 to 60 minutes). One of the best ways to avoid long waits is to buy your tickets online or by choosing a guided tour with priority entry. The best time to start your visit is in the morning at the opening time, between 8.30 and 10.30, or in the late afternoon between 5pm and 7pm. You need about 2 hours to properly visit the Colosseum.
Another useful tip is to buy cumulative tickets for more attractions, so as not to have to buy a bunch of separate tickets in a bunch of different lines, but rather access more monuments with a single ticket. You can purchase combined tickets online at GetYourGuide, where you can choose multiple ticket combinations, all with priority entry, which allows you to skip the long waiting lines. Some of the combinations: Colosseum + Roman Forum + Palatine Hill, Colosseum Underground + Roman Forum + Arena, Colosseum + Vatican Museums.
By purchasing your ticket with GetYourGuide online, you can also tailor your experience to include access to the Colosseum with priority entry only or entry with an audio guide or entry with a guided tour. Simply select the desired time and then go to the ticket office for pre-purchased ticket holders. Both electronic and printed vouchers are accepted.